Mathematics Education for Children
Homeschool Private Math Lessons Covering Grades 3 to 8
ACCEPTING STUDENTS YEAR ROUND
"Chance led us to Mr. Gelston, and he has changed our lives immeasurably for the better.... Our daughter comes out of her math sessions full of excitement and enthusiasm..."
In my daughter’s words, 'He helps you when you don’t understand something, and he goes at the speed that you learn at. And he’s very organized.'
On a practical note, as homeschoolers, we greatly appreciate his detailed record-keeping, correlated to core standards. We are so grateful that Mr. Gelston is part of our daughter’s life."
Private Math lessons with Mr. Gelston are for students who need individualized attention for their unique learning needs.
- Students who are conceptually and verbally strong are all good candidates for this class.
- Mr. Gelston follows the standards in the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, using his conceptual instruction model, using all of the objectives to limit gaps and to facilitate the development of your homeschool portfolio.
- Students have an interactive, synchronous, online learning experience that moves at your child's own pace while sharing joyful learning time with Mr. Gelston.
- Study Island is used for procedural practice.
- Class sessions and Study Island results are available for homeschool portfolios.
- Geometer's Sketchpad is integrated for geometry and measurement lessons per student need.
- All students get a free introductory lesson to see if the program is a good fit.