Learning Conversations provide a powerful workout space to strengthen executive function and self-regulation skills.
Claudia L’Amoreaux supports self-directed and aspiring self-directed young people through her one-on-one coaching practice, Learning Conversations. Through Learning Conversations with Claudia, young people discover how to direct their own learning and practice the skills needed to thrive as self-directed, interconnected learners.
Learning Conversations coach Claudia L’Amoreaux creates a supportive dynamic that encourages trust, reflection, critical thinking, intrinsic motivation, and a deeper sense of confidence and well-being.
One of the most valuable skills Claudia offers is the ability to help a learner reflect on his/her own learning process… Learning-how-to-learn is the life skill I consider most valuable in a fast-changing world… -Jan Hailey, parent
The practice of the Learning Conversation influences a young person’s inner dialogue by modeling a clear, non-judgmental coaching voice. Over time, the Learning Conversation helps a young person to become his or her own learning coach—by practicing with their coach, they learn how to talk themselves through their own learning events. They make the successful transition to self-directed learners.
Example focus areas include:
- Time management
- Organizations skills and tools
- Goal setting and non-judgmental self-assessment
- Research and writing strategies
- Communication—positive self-talk and social interaction
- Mindfulness and stress reduction resources and support
- Self-advocacy skills
- Strong self-organizing and troubleshooting capabilities
- Enhanced awareness of time and timelines
- Increased emotional intelligence and resilience
- Growth mindset
- Improved ability to monitor and cope with life and relationship stresses
- Strengthened sense of efficacy
For the initial session, Claudia meets with the young person and a parent (or guardian) or sponsor.
After the first session, Claudia meets one-to-one for a weekly 50-minute session with the teen or tween. Participants can reach out via email any time with questions and concerns. Claudia will respond to email within a day.
All sessions are via video using the Zoom platform. A computer with webcam and microphone with a high-speed internet connection are required.
Lessons are pre-purchased as 10-packs for $750
- In order to maintain a regular spot on the schedule, families must pre-pay and commit to a 10-pack of sessions.
- There are no partial refunds for unused sessions.
- All sales are final.
- You are invited to schedule a 20-minute call (no charge) to confirm that Learning Conversations one-to-one coaching is a good fit for you and your teen or tween. Fill out the form below and Claudia will connect with you shortly to discuss your interests …