Private Math Lessons for
Gifted and Conceptual Learners
Here's What People are Saying about Mr. Gelston
What is Conceptual Learning?
Conceptual Learners are students who excel when learning from the concept first. These learners either prefer not to or struggle to learn from rote memorization.
- Have you ever noticed that your child has issues remembering facts from memorization but can draw large chunks of information from a story or within a favorite topic?
- If so, your child may do better learning through discovery, examples, understanding the actual meaning and root of words, and invention.
- Conceptual learners do better making their own rules through discovery from which they can recall information and apply knowledge for creative problem solving much more easily.
There are many reasons why families choose to provide their child with private lessons: but the bottom line is that they want their child to learn at their own pace with one-on-one attention from a caring educational professional.
- Lessons follow the Common Core Standards being used in most states across the country so that your private lessons create a portfolio that is acceptable to most local public school systems.
- The standards are tailored to the student's own pace and are presented within a conceptual top-down context using virtual manipulatives, discussions, written work, rule development, and exploration, with procedural practice and assessment utilizing Study Island.